SoX for real time Sample Rate Conversion (not exporting)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jaynyc

SoX for real time Sample Rate Conversion (not exporting)

Post by jaynyc » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:21 am

Hi. Is there any hidden way or command line switch that would force Live 10 to use SoX for real time SRC instead of the HiQ or Normal method?
I am aware CPU usage might massively spike.

I am looking to run a project with clips of different sample rates and want to optimize real time conversion sound quality as much as possible.

Note: I already know the manual advises offline SRC and using clips that are the same sample rate as the Project.

I am asking specifically if anyone knows a secret way to improve real time SRC, so that Live 10 uses SoX instead of what Ableton calls "HiQ" or "Normal" no matter how intense the CPU hit might be.

Thanks

Bulemy

Re: SoX for real time Sample Rate Conversion (not exporting)

Post by Bulemy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:34 am

jaynyc wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:21 am
Hi. Is there any hidden way or command line switch that would force Live 10 to use SoX for real time SRC instead of the HiQ or Normal method?
I am aware CPU usage might massively spike.

I am looking to run a project with clips of different sample rates and want to optimize real time conversion sound quality as much as possible.

Note: I already know the manual advises offline SRC and using clips that are the same sample rate as the Project.

I am asking specifically if anyone knows a secret way to improve real time SRC, so that Live 10 uses SoX instead of what Ableton calls "HiQ" or "Normal" no matter how intense the CPU hit might be.

Thanks
Is there any way?