Impulse and the mpd 16

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thedonzarelli

Impulse and the mpd 16

Post by thedonzarelli » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:02 pm

Is there anyway to change what samples loaded into impulse to the pads on the mpd 16. When I have the samples in Impulse to play them on the mpd16 it seems the samples are loaded into every other pad and not all in a row. Anyway to assign the impulse sections to specific pads like you do with an mpc program? Let me know...thanks.

sohcahtoa

Re: Impulse and the mpd 16

Post by sohcahtoa » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:38 pm

thedonzarelli wrote:When I have the samples in Impulse to play them on the mpd16 it seems the samples are loaded into every other pad and not all in a row. Anyway to assign the impulse sections to specific pads like you do with an mpc program? Let me know...thanks.
I don't know that you can change this mapping on the Impulse side of things, but if you stick a scale plugin in front of the Impulse, you should be able to realign the incoming notes so the bottom 8 MPD pads are correctly/consecutively mapped to the Impulse slots. Hope that helps...

mosca

Post by mosca » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:36 pm

change the note values on your controller! read its manual - your pads are probably set c, c#, d, d# - impulse does not use #'s its mapped c,d,e,f,g,a,b,c

kick = c, snare = d etc.

sorry but this is pretty basic midi controller stuff - nothing your manual couldn't tell you

mo