Tracks seem to drift out of time?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lilpoboy

Tracks seem to drift out of time?

Post by lilpoboy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:10 pm

I've been using Ableton for 10 years or so, but recently ran into a strange issue.

I have a drum loop going and I have it running along with some midi notes that are on another track. After letting it run for a bit the drum loop seems to go out of time with the midi loop that is happening.

At first I thought my ears were playing tricks on me but the longer it goes the more out of time it gets. I thought I had some loop settings wrong or something to make the drum loop trigger (ms) early, but everything seems to be fine. is there some setting I dont know about?

Anyone have this issue before? I'm using live 9 and have push hooked up.

EDIT: I guess i have seemed to fix it. Setting loop length to 1:3:3 seems to fix it but I have no idea why.

Everything else is on 2.0.0. Why does 1:3:3 fix it? it seems to be regular 4/4 drum loop. Weird.

EDIT2: actually i'm not sure if it works, sounds ok but not sure about if I let it run for a while.

wearemindflux

Re: Tracks seem to drift out of time?

Post by wearemindflux » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 am

Hey, that is setting it off time if you change the loop brace to 1.3.3

Maybe, Maybe the loop you have dragged in is not a full bar and there fore live reads it wrong. If you have a loop at say 0.3.2 live will read the tempo wrong and guess it.

What you could do is line the loop up in the arrangment page check it is on beat and if its note you can edit the audio then consolidate it.

If you would like you can send preview or the projects and a audio of the loop and I can look at it in more detail.
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

kb420

Re: Tracks seem to drift out of time?

Post by kb420 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:57 am

If you want to post a link of the project, I'll take a look at it. Actually, you can just post a link to the loop itself. I would be more than willing to take a look at it right away, and tell you what I find.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-