Ableton 9 suite Disk overload with core i7, SSD and 16GB RAM

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: Ableton 9 suite Disk overload with core i7, SSD and 16GB RAM

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:52 pm

spendthrift2 wrote: Go to Settings > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings

From there click the Processor Power Management + sign. If you want advice form Ableton on what this setting should or should not be no one will fault you for it. That's what they are there for. They told me to crank both Minimum processor state & Maximum processor state up to 100% to maximize performance.

So turn those up to 100% for plugged in/ on battery, whatever you want. See if it still has this issue.
this

Also, check to make sure your disks won't go to sleep. The default window Windows leads you to for power settings is a farce... definitely dig into the Advanced settings if you want to know what is really going on with power management.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Juls281

Re: Ableton 9 suite Disk overload with core i7, SSD and 16GB RAM

Post by Juls281 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 pm

OK, so finally I found the problem.
Checking again all the tracks that were sent to me there were 2 tracks bounced at 44100kHz 16bit.
Just converted those two tracks to 48kHz. Created a new project and import all the tracks again.
Already talked to the guy that sent them to be aware of these problem for next times...

No problem now.

Thank yopu all for your answers and help!!!