Ableton midi Keyboard controller like Push

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Would anyone like this?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 11

jl_.beats

Ableton midi Keyboard controller like Push

Post by jl_.beats » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Ableton can you please make a midi keyboard controller like my beloved Push 2. I really don't want to buy a Komplete Kontrol MK2...

-Justin

justanametouse

Re: Ableton midi Keyboard controller like Push

Post by justanametouse » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Although a key-based version would be interesting, if you already have Push, why not just buy a more basic keyboard controller to pair it with? Kontrol seems like overkill unless you're using a lot of NI stuff and want their integration.

jl_.beats

Post by jl_.beats » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:09 pm

My keyboard is to the right of me, push 2 is in front. If I'm working from my keyboard I don't like having to go back to my Push for workflow stuff (Automation, changing patches, clip editing etc...) It totally is a momentum killer...

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:37 pm

Komplete Kontrol is actually a good companion for Live users. Certainly not overkill as it equips you with instantly finding and tweaking sounds in a far faster way than Push and it's more expensive than just NI plugins (tho that is the main focus of NI). I personally don't use Push at all for automation of VSTs anymore, only for Live functions.

The new A series is being released and that offers much cheaper options, though without the nice displays which are quite handy. I am still using an MK1 and it's been solid.

Not sure the market is ready for yet another $1k midi keyboard, especially one that is pretty much feature locked to a single DAW.

login

Post by login » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:35 pm

I would like it a lot, even more, if they give it some faders and more knobs.