Track dragging in arrangement view.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
produc3rboy

Track dragging in arrangement view.

Post by produc3rboy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi all,

sometimes my project gets to be about 100 tracks or so. I'd like to move tracks from the bottom to the top of the arrangement view. When I drag, it goes slow and I have to be patient. In some older version of Live, I was able to scroll as I was dragging to speed up the process. Does anyone else feel this?

dougdi

Re: Track dragging in arrangement view.

Post by dougdi » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Yup, same here. My current project is about 130 tracks, Live runs well but moving tracks vertically is a pain.
Doug

justanametouse

Post by justanametouse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:51 am

Why not cut + paste the tracks you want to move? Seems to yield the same result.

EDIT: Could also highlight the tracks, click/hold, and use Function + Up Arrow (if on Mac; equivalent on Windows is Alt + Up Arrow, I think). This will allow you to page up quickly, but may feel slightly awkward. It works well, though.
Last edited by justanametouse on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

produc3rboy

Post by produc3rboy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:59 am

justanametouse wrote:Why not cut + paste the tracks you want to move? Seems to yield the same result.

EDIT: Could also highlight the tracks, click/hold, and use Function + Up Arrow (if on Mac; equivalent on Windows is Alt + Up Arrow, I think).
oh damn! haha because we didn't know you could do that. thanks!

justanametouse

Post by justanametouse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:03 am

produc3rboy wrote:
justanametouse wrote:Why not cut + paste the tracks you want to move? Seems to yield the same result.

EDIT: Could also highlight the tracks, click/hold, and use Function + Up Arrow (if on Mac; equivalent on Windows is Alt + Up Arrow, I think).
oh damn! haha because we didn't know you could do that. thanks!
Cheers!