Midi chord/note inspector?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
azb

Midi chord/note inspector?

Post by azb » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:22 am

Hi everyone,

I just got myself a Push 2 and am trying to get familiar with playing chords and melodies on it, I thought it would be really useful if there was a way of seeing which note or chord I'm playing right on Live... I've been spending some time counting the steps and comparing to piano keyboard, but I'm sure there's an easier way. Do you guys know of a device (maybe from Max?) that can do that for me? You know... similar to those old Casio family keyboards that will show you the chord you're playing.

I've been looking around in the menus but can't find it, I guess the problem is that I don't know exactly what such a feature would be called. :|

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if it's a newbie stupid question, I'm pretty much both :)

theAndroid

Re: Midi chord/note inspector?

Post by theAndroid » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 am

J74 HarmoTools by Fabrizio Poce is what you're looking : http://fabriziopoce.com/HarmoTools.html.
You're welcome :)

Puddi

Re: Midi chord/note inspector?

Post by Puddi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Even cooler would be if you could see information about the played chord directly on the Push's screen. That way you could just sit bent over the device and play around with different finger positions and get instant feedback. And while we're at it you could manually select a chord/interval/inversion from a menu and the corresponding pads would light up on the Push. Ultimate learning tool.

Sorry, I got carried away.:mrgreen: