mac os 10.2.3

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
astromass

mac os 10.2.3

Post by astromass » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:00 am

does anybody here have a WORKING midiman oxygen8 usb controller using mac os 10.2.3? poof! mine is gone...cannot get the mac to recognize this usb unit...weird!
thx in advance! +()Dd
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

drumroll

Re: mac os 10.2.3

Post by drumroll » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:43 am

No problem here. TiBook 1 GHz / Logic Audio 5.5 / OS X 10.2.3 / RME Multiface

Get the lastest driver you can from their web site.

http://www.midiman.net/support/drivers/ ... %203.1.hqx
astromass wrote:does anybody here have a WORKING midiman oxygen8 usb controller using mac os 10.2.3? poof! mine is gone...cannot get the mac to recognize this usb unit...weird!
thx in advance! +()Dd

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:54 pm

Mine seems to be working as well and I just recently upgraded to Jaguar 10.2.3 from 10.1.5 on a TiBook 667Mhz with 512MB ram. Live does seem to be just a bit more sluggish, but oxygen8 is still working with no new driver download, Reason and rewire works, etc... now if only I can get this darned ink to work with my wacom tablet like it's supposed too! (apple forum is NO help AT ALL!)

:: genshi ::

GlennArbor

Post by GlennArbor » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:12 pm

no oxy 8 problems here as well, 10.2.3, imac g4/800

well actually it did stop responding yesterday but i rebooted and was back in business. I hadn't restarted in about 2 weeks so perhaps it was time.

astromass

well darn..

Post by astromass » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:38 pm

geez, i mustve spilled "ye olde beer" in my oxygen8 or something. this will not respond after ALL methods of troubleshooting. i'm screwed, simply screwed! oh well, thanks for the input.
+()Dd

lowbot

Post by lowbot » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:32 pm

Hi, I mentioned in another topic that my Oxy would crash my system under the latest os x unless I plugged in the Oxy first, and then powered up the system. Also, make sure you have the latest 3.1 m-audio driver. Mine works like a charm, and I can play Reason through Live with no latencey from the Oxy. :)

-mike

Geraldo

Post by Geraldo » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:19 am

Astromass,
your just overlooking something. Sometimes I lose midi or audio when I update my OS. You just have to look for the problem.
-Do you have the device selected in the Midi/Sync preferences box?
-Can you see the device in Apple's Audio MIDI Setup utility?
-Did you try re-plugging the device (sometimes my FastLane needs to be reset)?
-uninstall and reinstall the Oxygen drivers?
-Run the Apple Utility disk and repair your permissions?
Those are off the top of my head but I'm sure you can think of more if you try.
For me its always something simple that I completely overlooked. You'll find it.

astromass

Post by astromass » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:01 am

geraldo:
thanks for the reply. i have actually tried every thing that you mentioned and more. this is the MOST frustrating thing i have ever dealt with on a mac. i think that my oxygen8 is just fried....
thx: astromass