Ableton Scanning my VST's but they aren't showing up?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cique10

Ableton Scanning my VST's but they aren't showing up?

Post by cique10 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi my ableton is scanning my isotope ozone 8 VST's, it shows them being scanned in the status bar, however when I go to my plugins they don't show up ? I have no idea why this is happening . I am running a 30 day free trial version of ableton so I had a feeling maybe that could be why they aren't showing up but I don't think that is it , does anyone have any explanation to why they wont show up ?

The Richter Contingent

Re: Ableton Scanning my VST's but they aren't showing up?

Post by The Richter Contingent » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 pm

The plugins need to be the correct version for your OS, down to the bit version (32 bit plugins for 32 bit Windows, and 64 but plugins for 64 bit Windows).

I believe there are methods of making 32 bit versions work on 64 bit Windows but I've never bothered with that. A quick internet search should find you info on that, should you need it.

chrk

Post by chrk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:53 pm

The Richter Contingent wrote:The plugins need to be the correct version for your OS, down to the bit version (32 bit plugins for 32 bit Windows, and 64 but plugins for 64 bit Windows).
That's not entirely correct. The wordwidth of the vst has to match that of the host.

Up to Live 9 it was entirely possible to run Live 32 bit on a 64 bit Windows. Live 10 is 64 bit only.

But Izotope's installers would offer you to install ALL available plugin formats anyway.

Inlcuding VST3, and that Live does't support.

So make sure you're scanning the vst2/64 folder.

The Richter Contingent

Post by The Richter Contingent » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 pm

chrk wrote:
The Richter Contingent wrote:The plugins need to be the correct version for your OS, down to the bit version (32 bit plugins for 32 bit Windows, and 64 but plugins for 64 bit Windows).
That's not entirely correct. The wordwidth of the vst has to match that of the host.

Up to Live 9 it was entirely possible to run Live 32 bit on a 64 bit Windows. Live 10 is 64 bit only.
Got you - thanks. I never used any plugins with Live 9 so I did assume it was always as it is with Live 10. Thanks for the info.