Saving multiple clips for single audio file

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bytheriver

Saving multiple clips for single audio file

Post by bytheriver » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:41 am

Hoping someone can help me out.
I'm setting up a DJ setup with ableton and I want to arrange it so I have a record crate folder, then each track has a folder of its own with the main track audio file and then ideally clip files for each of the main sections of the track looped and labeled so I can load in say the break or the outro on its own easily.

I have my folder with the audio track and I have my clips setup in Ableton, how do I save them neatly to the folder? Or do I have to make a project or render them as separate audio files and waste space?

Da hand

Re: Saving multiple clips for single audio file

Post by Da hand » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:24 am

Simply drag your clips from your Live Session into Live's Browser :
- either one by one to have access to load them individually
- or as a selected group of clips to have access to load the whole group

Depending on what you have selected in the Collect Files on Export preferences, it will either:
- not copy the clip audio to the clip location (that way you are only saving small clip files)
- or copy the audio to the clip location (that way you are making a copy of the audio and saving the clip)

Check out the Manual: 5.4 Live Clips
https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/manag ... live-clips

bytheriver

Re: Saving multiple clips for single audio file

Post by bytheriver » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Da hand wrote:Simply drag your clips from your Live Session into Live's Browser :
- either one by one to have access to load them individually
- or as a selected group of clips to have access to load the whole group

Depending on what you have selected in the Collect Files on Export preferences, it will either:
- not copy the clip audio to the clip location (that way you are only saving small clip files)
- or copy the audio to the clip location (that way you are making a copy of the audio and saving the clip)

Check out the Manual: 5.4 Live Clips
https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/manag ... live-clips
Thanks! I got that working how I wanted, major problem however is that from browse Push2 will only show the audio file and none of the clip files... so I cant actually load them without reaching for the mouse. :x
Any way around that?