Live 10 crackling sounds

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Toonman

Live 10 crackling sounds

Post by Toonman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:12 am

So, I'm having big issues with Live 10. I upgraded to take advantage of the new devices and workflows, but so far, it has been back to Live 9 for me.
I'm having lots of issues with Live 9 producing crackling sounds when playing back audio. This can be either playing back recorded MIDI or audio, or by playing live a VST instrument on a record-enabled track. Live 10 crackles like crazy.
This is NOT due to buffer sizes, or CPU spikes (at least, these are not visible to the CPU meter. I'll check the Task Manager for any next time). I never had this problem with Live 9, and neither do I have it with Pro Tools. Both applications run perfectly under the same environment. It's only Live 10 the one having problems.
I see there are other reports of Live 10 crackling for other users. Is this common? Anything I can try to solve this problem?
I appreciate any help. I'll also contact support to see if the have anything to say about it.
---
Me not DJ.
Me guitar-monkey.
---

Gregory Wells-King

Re: Live 10 crackling sounds

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 am

Sounds like a physical issue with your set up, Live is rarely the cause of issues like this anymore.

Drivers for your sound card? Or New Hardware.?

You may have accidentally chosen conflicting settings in you preferences for the audio engine?

Sounds like engine trouble not fuel if you catch my drift.??