make a track's audio send to master but not live monitor

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
danny klim

make a track's audio send to master but not live monitor

Post by danny klim » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi, I’m trying to make it so that a track's audio does not go in my monitor headphones but still goes to the master track (in a set where every other track is both going to the master track and also heard in the headphone monitors). Could you please help?

I tried making a track that sends audio to the master but has the monitor “off”, but this made it so that the master fader did not show any audio signal. I don't understand why this didn't work… the track was activated and record enabled (and it was showing the audio signal in grey on the track), so shouldn’t that make it so the audio still goes to the master, but that it’s just not heard in my headphones or studio monitors?

What’s going on here and how do i make it work as intended? Should I make a bus track or something? If so, how should I set it up?

Thanks!

Dan

wearemindflux

Re: make a track's audio send to master but not live monitor

Post by wearemindflux » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:50 am

Hi,

You can send the headphone to the other output via the track I0. Hit alt cmd i and set the output to the one you desire.
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

wearemindflux

Post by wearemindflux » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:50 am

Hi,

You can send the headphone to the other output via the track I0. Hit alt cmd i and set the output to the one you desire.
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:33 am

how is your system set up? what audio interface are you using? is your cue output currently patched to independent channels in your audio interface?