Does NOT support AAC!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Do you think version 5 should include AAC as well as MP3?

YES!
53%
Doesn't Matter
47%

Total votes: 15

jaymz

Does NOT support AAC!!!!

Post by jaymz » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:06 pm

The first thing that shocked me was that although the huge (and necessary) step has be taken to include the use of compressed audio formats this does not support AAC, which is fast becoming the most commonly used format among mac users for encoding their audio. I hope this is rectified before the final release or else version 5's new feature is at risk of becoming obsolete before its even released.

The second thing is that often with the auto warp feature, although getting the temp pretty much correct the start point (marker 1) begins half way through a drum hit.

My final observation is with the loop utility, whilst allowing looping on the fly which I thing is a brilliant feature, and allowing the looped section to then continue when released, I was very dissapointed to see that the lowest quantise value that this can be set to is 1 bar. I know this makes sense for making the tracks sound natural, it prevents any cool tricks and trills being performed on the fly and you still have to have these regions set up before hand.

On the whole though, I think these faults are small in comparison with how far this new release has come and I am quite pleased with it, and look forward to using it more and more. They can all be worked around, but I have so say I'm not looking forward to converting 5000 songs to MP3.... would be great if that was fixed. Thanks

StompyJ

Post by StompyJ » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:23 pm

From the beta download page...

- Please post any kind of Features wishes and "I would like to have" - postings in the 'Wishlist' forum.
no longer needed. this is for you. you know who you are.

tylast

Post by tylast » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:28 pm

Already a post in the Wish List Forum.

mosca

Post by mosca » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:11 pm

whatever, just don't post this shit in the beta forum

do you people even read the rules?

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:16 pm

Hi folks,

I moved this into the 'General' forum.

regards,