Simpler slice full Track Question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
buckman

Simpler slice full Track Question

Post by buckman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 pm

I have been experimenting with Simplers' excellent slicing, but on full 6 - 9 minute tracks. I am still on Live 9.7 about to move up to 10 eventually.

Do I need to drop the track I am working on, into Ableton timeline and 'WARP' properly and save its warp, before I use the WARP feature in Simpler?
I am not sure how Simplers' warp works as its different to the timeline warping, so i guess you have to warp the track in the old way beforehand?

Secondly, when I have slices playing randomly from Simplers 'slice' mode, is there a simple and quick way to stop the clicks at the end of abrupt slices when played in a pattern?

I thought this was down to the Envelope number in simpler, but it doesn't seem to work?

Is there a quick way to stop tiny clicks at the end of sample slices? I use GATE mode so I have more control over slices from my keyboard,

Thanks

wearemindflux

Re: Simpler slice full Track Question

Post by wearemindflux » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:52 pm

For the warping, yeah do it before for a full track, smaller loops you dont need to

The clicks are due to the fact the the transient marker are in the wrong place
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

buckman

Re: Simpler slice full Track Question

Post by buckman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:21 pm

wearemindflux wrote:For the warping, yeah do it before for a full track, smaller loops you dont need to

The clicks are due to the fact the the transient marker are in the wrong place
Yes thought so, but even with SNAP on, i would still think that there should be a SIMPLER ADSR to stop any clicking with attack and decay settings? or am I missing something?