User Presets Not Showing In Browser Menu

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
papasquat

User Presets Not Showing In Browser Menu

Post by papasquat » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Hey everyone,

I am having a problem with my user presets not showing in the browser menu. In the past, when I would save anything, it would show up amongst the default presets in Ableton making them really easy to find. One day I accidentally deleted my library (stupid mistake, don't ask me haha) and when I opened up Ableton I was aghast to find everything gone. Fortunately I had backed up my system somewhat recently and was able to restore my library as of a few weeks prior. I ended up changing the location of Live's library, and referenced the new spot in Ableton and everything was peachy. The only difference now, is that none of my presets show up in the browser. Even the new presets that I save are saving into my library, but will not show up in the browser. I instead have to manually open my library, blah blah blah, you know the drill.

Does anyone know what has happened and how to return the functionality of having my presets conveniently located within the rest of the default library? Thanks so much!

P.S. At the time of this happening I was using Live 9, but I've since upgraded to Live 10 but nothing has changed.

the_sweet_spot

Re: User Presets Not Showing In Browser Menu

Post by the_sweet_spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 am

same here :?:

does your hotswap Q also brings you to the top categories of the browser :?:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235485&p=1761490#p1761490

i´m trying again to put my drum racks & presets into categories: performodule style then put the user library + racks into places...
i dont know if it helps but it seems to be some "relaxed indexing" issue...i opened the Cache.cfg file from the User Library
and it seems to be pure chaos the word Relaxed is visible very often... :lol:

did you find a solution by then?