NEW APC???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

NEW APC???

Post by S4racen » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:09 pm

https://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/th ... ve.145861/

Is this for real do you think?

Cheers
D

doghouse

Re: NEW APC???

Post by doghouse » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:18 pm

The photos sure look real. Hmm, a super-APC with an audio interface built-in. Can't be cheap. We'll find out in 3 weeks, I guess.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm gonna bet that it'll look nothing like that if one does come out...

Looks a bit frankencontroller rather than a refined design...

Of course I could be wrong so I'm off to buy popcorn....

Cheers
D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm

I’m curious about performance. Power.

Needs proper ventilation, and a reasonable amount of power to run Live 10. But could have lots of potential, especially if people restrict themselves to using stock plug ins (or light vsts). Plenty can be accomplished without heavy plug ins.

Along with performance for power, there is build quality. In order for computers to withstand the shock of people playing them, they need quite the rugged build quality, preferably very minimal, locked down guys that won’t break, move, or cause fractures from repeated taps. I’d totally see this as being feasible with a minimal OS. But to run Live..... unless they’ve developed a mobile version of Live ( :!: ) , it’d be a Product Support nightmare.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:52 pm

yur2die4 wrote:But to run Live..... unless they’ve developed a mobile version of Live ( :!: ) , it’d be a Product Support nightmare.

Could it operate like the Korg Gadget stuff? Doesn't that output as an ALS file for use within Live?

Cheers
D

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Looks weird to me, I can't lie. What's with the tiny cross fader?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm

Yeah that looks most odd... And no faders?

Cheers
D

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Following thread. I'm all for it. I currently use both an APC mkII and a Push, and often wish there was some sort hybrid. Would be nice to ditch one or the other.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Seems like it's an MPC Live with Apc style button layout.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Kinda hoping it's legit and kinda realizing if it is, it would be redundant for me.
Push 2 and the MPC live are getting heavy use by me these days, but if somehow this fills both niches I might think about it.
The LED display is intriguing though, I'm willing to bet there's no stripped down version of Live running on this, but anything's possible.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 am

Tarekith wrote:Seems like it's an MPC Live with Apc style button layout.
The more I think about it the more this seems legit. MPC 2.3 has a clip launching feature not unlike Session View in Live.
I'm betting it's running the MPC software, it might work as a controller for Live somewhere between Push 1 and 2, but I bet it's main selling point is as a stand alone.
Anway we'll probably know by winter NAMM

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:28 am

The manuals leaked earlier and I had a quick read through them. I'd say this thing is very real, although as everyone has pointed out it's not running Ableton Live, it's an MPC Live sort of thing in the APC format.
Unfortunately, the links now say "you are not authorised to view this page"

https://old.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... l/ed366f9/

It's a bit ugly though eh?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:54 am

Yeah, totally ugly!
Ableton Forum Moderator

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:57 am

Reminds me of when I first saw the leak of the Circuit Monostation. I thought for SURE it was some kind of bad photoshop. :lol:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:54 am

Angstrom wrote:The manuals leaked earlier and I had a quick read through them. I'd say this thing is very real, although as everyone has pointed out it's not running Ableton Live, it's an MPC Live sort of thing in the APC format.
Unfortunately, the links now say "you are not authorised to view this page"

https://old.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... l/ed366f9/

It's a bit ugly though eh?
Was able to download it. Yes it’s running the MPC2 software, the screen is a touchscreen, looks like LEDs above the knobs. It’s basically an MPC Live and Push 2 in one device. As an owner of the MPC Live and Push 2, if it could instantly switch from controlling Live on the laptop to controlling its own software on the hardware it could have a Budweiser logo on it and a mullet and I would still consider it as a replacement for both. :x

I think the big audience for this though is the “no computer” crowd, it points to AKAI taking a direct stab at Ableton and Push 2. The MPC software right now has a Clip view not unlike Session view, not as developed, but capable of running on AKAIs surface/tablet chips.

Interesting stuff, if it’s successful it could be a good thing, I sometimes wonder why Ableton didn’t put out a Push with an audio card? would make it and a laptop all most people would need live..