“Plug-In Sources” is not visible under File/Folder

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bradleywyros

“Plug-In Sources” is not visible under File/Folder

Post by bradleywyros » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:14 am

Hi everyone,

I was not able to see plug-ins in Ableton Live 10 Lite, so when I googled the issue the answer I found was to go to Options > Preferences > File/Folder and then change settings under Plug-In Sources. The trouble is, this is not visible for me and this section does not exists under File/Folder. Has anyone else had this issue? My hardware is a Focusrite Scarlett Solo on a Windows 10 machine. I will attach a screenshot soon.

Da hand

Re: “Plug-In Sources” is not visible under File/Folder

Post by Da hand » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:41 am

Hello!

So you are not able to see any of these options in Live's Preferences in the image below? If so, you might want to contact Ableton Support - as normally these options should be available in Live's preferences for all versions.

Alvaro_L

Post by Alvaro_L » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:56 pm

HI There!

I have the same issue. I re-installed Ableton Live 10 lite trying to bring back the Plug-in Sources option with no success. Old projects of mine are using plug-ins that are definitely installed and working in my computer, but they are not found by Live 10 Lite ("Some plug-ins could not be loaded and are disabled. Please see below for details.")

Thanks for your help!

Miike_E

Post by Miike_E » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:15 am

I am having the same issue here. Was this ever resolved? Ultimately trying to get Komplete Kontrol to work, and I think this is where the problem lies... but can't access it to make that determination. Thanks!

T_Wheels

Post by T_Wheels » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Dvior

Post by Dvior » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Same issue, help plz :)

Friede

Post by Friede » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:28 pm

I've got the same problem and I assume, it's an update problem. They seem to have moved the plug-in options to its own tab in the preferences between versions 10 and 10.1 and it could get lost in an update process. Just reinstalling probably won't help since the configuration is still kept inside the registry (or elsewhere, I didn't look yet).
I'll try to get this sorted out, although I'm not too keen on deleting my config and recreating it.
Would be nice though, if they at least could have commented on this, since it affects several people and is around for over a year now.

Bobbito147

Post by Bobbito147 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:59 am

WTF no solution? I will return with the solution after Support gets back to me.

Bobbito147

Post by Bobbito147 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:14 am

I figured it out.

Ableton cannot use VST plugins when run through Rewire. I was opening Ableton Live (10 Suite) under Protools 2018 through Rewire.

You guys were probably doing the same.

If you close your apps and open Ableton as a standalone app, you will see the 'Plug in' tab on the left or a 'Plug in' Sources section under the 'File/Folder' tab depending on which version you are using.

That is pretty lame that they did not get it to work.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:30 pm

The developers of rewire stopped supporting it a few years ago, blame them not Ableton.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com