Software sequencer to control multiple tracks and parameter?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
animal

Software sequencer to control multiple tracks and parameter?

Post by animal » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:36 pm

Hello,

I want to use a software sequencer to control multiple tracks.
In short I want the sequencer to be able to control any parameters available to me in Live.

What software can I do this?

For example,

1) track one is using operator loaded with some bass sound that plays some arp sequence.
Then I want the sequencer to change the delay that is dropped into the same track playing operator.

2) The sequencer then plays track 2 which is using Simpler to play the same arp sequence but every third not as chords with alternating accents.

3) The sequencer then plays track 3 loaded with some synth emulator to play random notes in the sequence and whenever those notes play they do not play in track 2.

doghouse

Re: Software sequencer to control multiple tracks and parameter?

Post by doghouse » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:16 pm

No software that I know of can do #3, which is muting a note if it's currently playing in another track. I do not understand at all what you want #2 to do. #1 Live can do already. I'm sure I am misunderstanding what you really are looking for.

If you use a Mac, look into Numerology which is the deepest step sequemncer I know of.

animal

Post by animal » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:50 pm

I would like a sequencer to trigger the instrument in different tracks but with the ability to control whatever parameters are available.
Each track would play the same sequence. If the notes change , it will get reflected in all the tracks.

A user could say "Sequencer, generate a random pattern in the key of A min. Set the swing to <blah>....send output to tracks 1,2,3 "
This way you can improvise live from one sequencer.

A single sequencer can mute track 1, and play tracks 2 3 and control the pitch on 3 and the lfo on 2.
Then track 1 can be solo-ed ....etc.

doghouse wrote:No software that I know of can do #3, which is muting a note if it's currently playing in another track. I do not understand at all what you want #2 to do. #1 Live can do already. I'm sure I am misunderstanding what you really are looking for.

If you use a Mac, look into Numerology which is the deepest step sequemncer I know of.

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Max for Live would probably work, but that might be a lot to learn. But probably worth it.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1