All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm
Posts: 4
Hi guys,

So I have a problem with my live set up, occasionally my launch control XL (mapped to different parameters on the user setting) resets for some unknown reason. Have tried different cables/usb ports etc. This wouldn't normally be a problem as could just unplug and plug back in again. However when I do this, the whole project glitches and the clock (sending to drum machine etc) goes out of time. I then have to press space twice to start the clock in time. Dreading having to do this live! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I tried out a friends launch control XL and the same problem happens so don't know if its a setting on my macbook/ableton 9.7? When I tried the XL in a shop, there was no glitching or any problems when you unplug and plug back in.

Any help much appreciated. Last piece to the puzzle of a reliable set up!
Jo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 pm 

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Posts: 17189
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Since Novation makes the Launch Control and not Ableton, might be easier to ask them for help.

_________________
Erik M.
InnerPortalStudio.com - Professional Audio Mastering


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:34 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:02 am
Posts: 6299
Location: Menasha, Wisconsin
Could be the cable. Did you use your friend’s cable when you used theirs?

If not, it could be the physical connection on the computer or a hub if you’re using that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:45 pm 

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 pm
Posts: 399
Dialogue productions wrote:
Hi guys,

So I have a problem with my live set up, occasionally my launch control XL (mapped to different parameters on the user setting) resets for some unknown reason.
Jo


When you say reset, does the XL return to factory setting? I can't remember which MIDI note it was but certain notes that the XL receives will change user templates or restore the XL to factory setting. If this is the case email novation and ask them which received MIDI notes will do this. Additionally, you shouldn't need to unplug the novation. Make sure the user template is saved to the XL and if it resets just open the template again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:31 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Posts: 15812
Location: The Wild West
is "reduced latency when monitoring" enabled?

maybe try disabling it, if so

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209072249-When-to-use-Reduced-Latency-when-Monitoring-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:58 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm
Posts: 4
Tarekith wrote:
Since Novation makes the Launch Control and not Ableton, might be easier to ask them for help.


Okay I will ask them as well, thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:09 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm
Posts: 4
H20nly wrote:
is "reduced latency when monitoring" enabled?

maybe try disabling it, if so

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209072249-When-to-use-Reduced-Latency-when-Monitoring-



Tried Disabling and the whole set still glitches as I plug the XL back in


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:11 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm
Posts: 4
McAnix wrote:
Dialogue productions wrote:
Hi guys,

So I have a problem with my live set up, occasionally my launch control XL (mapped to different parameters on the user setting) resets for some unknown reason.
Jo


When you say reset, does the XL return to factory setting? I can't remember which MIDI note it was but certain notes that the XL receives will change user templates or restore the XL to factory setting. If this is the case email novation and ask them which received MIDI notes will do this. Additionally, you shouldn't need to unplug the novation. Make sure the user template is saved to the XL and if it resets just open the template again.



Yes it restores to factory settings. How do it go about saving template to the XL?
Many thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Launch Control XL Problems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 pm 

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 pm
Posts: 399
Do you have the Launch Control Editor? You can make custom note and cc mappings from there. I just thought that perhaps you had the editor open and the XL returned to factory without saving.

I know that CC1 will restore the XL to user preset 1 but I don't know which one returns it to factory, but it is there and novation will be able to tell you.

When your XL resets to factory just hold down user mode and select button 1 (bottom left). Additionally try and trouble shoot where this MIDI note is coming from, perhaps you can change it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group