Ozone8 Adv Crashes A LOT and loses last state-stage of work

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spanktron

Ozone8 Adv Crashes A LOT and loses last state-stage of work

Post by spanktron » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Hello Everyone and a Happy New Year.

I am starting to loose my patience and will try to collect Data as to if i am the only one with these issues.

I own Ozone 8 Adv.
Setup is High Sierra, MBP 2011 i7 with 500gb Samsung SSD 16Gb Ram

When i use it in Standalone and while using Third Party Plugins it will crash VERY VERY often.
And now the bigger problem.
A) Most of the Time it saves NOTHING of the changes i did since opening a "soon to crash" Project. Even Plugins that i loaded before Crashing are not there anymore.
B) I have even had the issue where i saved a copy "Save as" with a slightly different name. Pressed Save. Everything Ok.
Few moments later it crashed . The Copy was NOWHERE to be found on my Computer.
C)During Sessions i hit SAVE everytime i make an importand change in order to save these steps. If it crashes later, these steps are NOT SAVED....
so when i reopen it i start from Scratch......

Little Note: -Ozone`s Writing Permissions are checked and Fine. And Yes I have Admin rights -

Does any of you have had similar issues? Or am i alone?

Ozone has the worst Autosave reliability that i have EVER seen. Even Ableton does this better.

Would appreciate any feedback
Peace

fishmonkey

Re: Ozone8 Adv Crashes A LOT and loses last state-stage of work

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:44 pm

have you hit up iZotope support?

spanktron

Re: Ozone8 Adv Crashes A LOT and loses last state-stage of work

Post by spanktron » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm

fishmonkey wrote:have you hit up iZotope support?

Of course. Most of the time i contact them i get something that could be interpretated as "Thats weird. It probably has to do with your system-setting-setup-own fault"

as if i am the only one. Since i can`t even find an official Izotope forum similar to this one here , where people post , which i find weird , i now try to see if others experience issues

I am more interested for experiences by other users or if they have any similar issues right now

Support has never given me any information that actually helped. Most of the time they suggest a clean install. I did that. Multiple times.
Never solved the issue.