Drum rack load/replace issues.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
neo_dams

Drum rack load/replace issues.

Post by neo_dams » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi buddies,
I have recently discovered that the piano roll shows the name of the samples that are loaded inside, which is very practical ! So i tried to load/reload my sample only in the drum rack but it ended bya failure because of two stupid problem. :x

First, when i changed the sample it resets all the parameters.
Second, the in/out notes are not the same (due to the choke option?)

I was hoping going fast and effectively by playing my sample with the drum rack but it ended by a disapointement !

Does somoene had the same issues ?
Can somoene give me some help about the second problem ?

Cheers,
Damien

chrk

Re: Drum rack load/replace issues.

Post by chrk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:12 am

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "So i tried to load/reload my sample only in the drum rack".

What and where are you replacing?

When you drop a sample onto a rack cell or use the hotswap button of the cell, you're replacing the Simpler or Sampler that contains the sample (actually the whole chain), so parameters will be lost. N.B. The piano roll (i.e) shows the name of the sample becaus by default Simpler takes the name of ths sample that's loaded into it.

If you want to keep the Simpler and its parameters you need to open the drum rack's device view and drop a new sample onto its sample view or use the hotswap button in the bottom right of its device view.
neo_dams wrote:Second, the in/out notes are not the same (due to the choke option?)
Please explain.