Help with Sends in Live Lite 10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Wheelhoss

Help with Sends in Live Lite 10

Post by Wheelhoss » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Apologies if this is an obtuse or newbish question. New to Ableton.

Just got a Clarett 2 Pre and installed Ableton Lite Live. Ran through the Help View Tutorials and started recording. Everything was going well.

Then I noticed something changed in my Session View (I think it's session—the one that shows the record data).

When I first started recording, I made a Template to use every time. Normally, the Sends area was active and showed the recording progress (showed a green bar or whatever). The last time I loaded up my Template, instead of showing data in the Sends area, it says:

"-inf"

If I control click the button, it shows that Sends are enabled (gives the option to disable).

1. What is going on here?

2. Does this even matter? I feel like I won't be using Sends since I'm only recording 2 or 3 tracks and doing simple stuff. But still, to quote "The Matrix," it feels like there's a "splinter in my brain," and I want to know what happened. But everything else seems to be the same ...

Thanks for any assistance!

nathannn

Re: Help with Sends in Live Lite 10

Post by nathannn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:36 am

Are you talking about the send dials on the send tracks? If so those are used to feed sends to other sends so you can have a "matrix" of sends. Clicking 'enable' enables the sends to feedback into each other.

This video from way back in the day really helps to understand lives sends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL4MMJMXEFk
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Wheelhoss

Re: Help with Sends in Live Lite 10

Post by Wheelhoss » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks for the reply! Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

I think I understand it fine. It's just weird something changed without my doing anything (I think). Anyway, AI always seems to have a mind of its own for me, but as long as it's working, who cares, I guess ...