Most important Instruments/Plugins that PROs use often?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TLW

Re: Most important Instruments/Plugins that PROs use often?

Post by TLW » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 pm

miyaru wrote:Depending on what you make musicwise some Arturia stuff for yesteryears sounds of "old" synths samplers etc.
Or an actual (hardware) analogue synth rather than a digital emulation. There’s never been a better time for someone into hardware synths.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

gbert

Post by gbert » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:31 pm

I’m not a pro at all, but to answer the question regarding what plugin can be used to create any sound you can imagine.. Look at u-he Zebra. Wow, phenomenal synth that has a lot of depth and has been used for sound design on movies. Just be prepared to go deep down the rabbit hole of learning to program synths if you want to go beyond the presets.

LarZ2

Post by LarZ2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:29 pm

The Ableton sounds work, but if you want to customize a sound, Serum is my fav for bass lines. I use DX7 for key sounds. Kick2 for kick.
Ana2 is a good one also. You just have to try them out, download a trial version if possible and start working with it.

Like any software, some make sense to me, others are not user friendly.
It's all about your ability to use the software to make the sound you want.
I have seen YouTube demo's and bought a VST that look good, to find it is really difficult to use.
I probably have 8 VST. 6 are good, and a couple are difficult.
LarZ