Transposition Automation in Live 8 Intro

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spendthrift2

Transposition Automation in Live 8 Intro

Post by spendthrift2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:56 am

Hi. When I automate transpose then switch to arrangement view I can't find any automation on my clip. I'm using Live 8 Intro.

So I've basically put a pre-recorded clip on an audio track, let it loop, record it, and then play with the transposition control knob while it's recording. It makes the vocal track warble and alter pitch etc. It can sound kind of cool, but I can't find it in arrangement view! It preserves my recording fine, but I can't locate any automation that I could otherwise edit.

So maybe I should call Ableton? I can't figure this out...

sanfoin

Re: Transposition Automation in Live 8 Intro

Post by sanfoin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:05 pm

in the arrangement view, underneath the track name, there are two boxes with small triangles. there you'll find your automated parameters marked red

spendthrift2

Post by spendthrift2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:55 pm

sanfoin wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:05 pm
in the arrangement view, underneath the track name, there are two boxes with small triangles. there you'll find your automated parameters marked red
Unfortunately that isn't the case. I tried that. Have you tried it? Try transposing an audio clip and then try to locate the red line graph or whatever it's called. It's not where it should be; which would be in arrangement view within those triangle drop down menus.

I have a support request in to Ableton. I guess I'll have to wait and see what they say.

sanfoin

Post by sanfoin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:35 pm

in live 8 you can display automation via the box below the track name by selecting "show automation".. or you can expand the track height and then select +

i see now though youre using live intro.. perhaps this function isnt available in that version

spendthrift2

Post by spendthrift2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:38 pm

sanfoin wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:35 pm
in live 8 you can display automation via the box below the track name by selecting "show automation".. or you can expand the track height and then select +

i see now though youre using live intro.. perhaps this function isnt available in that version
I know. But that doesn't seem to work when you Transpose something.

Have you tried it?

sanfoin

Post by sanfoin » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:50 am

interesting.. i thought you were talking about pitch bend.. now i see what you mean

when you automate the transposition of an audio track in live it creates a separate slice for each transposition

not what you would expect

spendthrift2

Post by spendthrift2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:44 am

sanfoin wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:50 am
interesting.. i thought you were talking about pitch bend.. now i see what you mean

when you automate the transposition of an audio track in live it creates a separate slice for each transposition

not what you would expect
thanks