Using Amplitube4 with Ableton Live 10 Intro

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lemr7

Using Amplitube4 with Ableton Live 10 Intro

Post by lemr7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:34 am

I happen to be trying to use Ableton Live 10 Intro with Amplitube 4.

Ableton does recognize Amplitube as a Plug-In (I can see it in Plug-Ins - Local) but then when I use it as such there is no sound or indication of sound in the respective input level bar.

However, if alongside with the plug-in version I start the main (standalone) programme, I do get the sound and the indication - but exclusively in the main programme window, not in the plug-in one.

It does permit me to record, but with an increased latency.

Am I correct, that this is not the way it is supposed to be and the plug-in Ableton should suffice?

pottering

Re: Using Amplitube4 with Ableton Live 10 Intro

Post by pottering » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Did you select the input and armed the track?

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/recording-new-clips/
♥♥♥

Roger Abram

Post by Roger Abram » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:20 am

I'm having the same issue... did you sort out your issue? And if so, how did you do it?

Thank you.

Roger

TLW

Post by TLW » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:03 pm

Amplitube works as a plugin for me with no problems. If the audio track it’s on is receiving audio then the plugin should work.

I suggest you check your track routings to make sure the correct input is being sent to the correct track. Also check the track monitoring switch - to hear what you are playing you need to set to “in” or “auto” with the track armed for recording. To hear audio that ha been recorded into the track set the monitoring to “auto”.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:42 pm

lemr7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:34 am

Ableton does recognize Amplitube as a Plug-In (I can see it in Plug-Ins - Local) but then when I use it as such there is no sound or indication of sound in the respective input level bar.

However, if alongside with the plug-in version I start the main (standalone) programme, I do get the sound and the indication - but exclusively in the main programme window, not in the plug-in one.

Am I correct, that this is not the way it is supposed to be and the plug-in Ableton should suffice?
Live is 64 bit only, that might be your problem.

latency is really annoying with guitar.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

JDS123

Post by JDS123 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:02 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:42 pm
lemr7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:34 am

Live is 64 bit only, that might be your problem.

latency is really annoying with guitar.

HEY sorry this is old, but are you saying Amplitube 5 is a bad choice for Ableton Suite?

What should I use then for guitar in Ableton, I need something good as a guitarist ya know.