Ableton [OSX] WEIRD ISSUE: crashes with some projects - but only when installed

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nickpsc

Ableton [OSX] WEIRD ISSUE: crashes with some projects - but only when installed

Post by nickpsc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:18 am

Hi everyone! In the last two months I’ve been encountering an issue: Initially some Ableton Live Strips I had saved in my user library would cause the program to instantly crash when I tried to drag them in. after a while the problem extended to the whole project containing those strips. These strips contain only plugins that are also used in other strips that don’t give problems, and they would cause crashes even if I disabled all plugins in ableton preferences, so plugins are not the issue. The weird thing is: I can load the project just fine on ableton on a secondary computer I have. But even more weirdly: If I open the project on my main computer from the installed Ableton, I get this problem, but If I run the same ableton directly from the installing .iso I can open the projects without a single issue. So basically, the same Ableton if opened from the applications folder of my mac will give me the issue, if opened from the mounted .iso will not. this is really weird, anyone experienced this or has any idea why this would happen?

nickpsc

Re: Ableton [OSX] WEIRD ISSUE: crashes with some projects - but only when installed

Post by nickpsc » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:03 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:08 am
try resetting Live:
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... reset-Live
I’ve already tried resetting and then also re-installing (after removing all the folders in Application Support, Preferences etc) but it didn’t solve the problem :/