Weird audio glitches during playback/real time export

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
uberdoku

Re: Weird audio glitches during playback/real time export

Post by uberdoku » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:39 pm

evildaughter wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:28 pm
In the meantime, I figured something new: apparently the cause of the glitching is the Live Warp engine. The glitching on audio samples occurs as soon as the warp engine is activated for that specific sample (the little "Warp" button in the sample window is yellow), even before applying any actual warping.

My issue here is that Live is activating the Warp engine randomly on some samples, and it's not clear what criteria it's following to do that. I already went through the settings section regarding automatic warping, I always had it set to Unwarped One-Shots and to not warp long samples (I like to choose when and how to warp audio).
Even just a sample that I recorded directly in Live, either from an external input or through means of resampling.

I can say my problem is partially solved (as long as I keep the warp engine off), but it would be great to figure out why the glitching is occurring and why is Live even deliberately activating the warp engine on my samples.
Thank you so much for being thorough in your research and noting all your findings in this thread. I have been racking my brain trying to discern my issue with the same situation and this thread has been of great help so far. Hope your solution--or workaround, I suppose--is still proving effective. Please let us know if you have any further updates, now or in the future.

Thanks again,
Chris