Live foot controller other than Behringer?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Re: Live foot controller other than Behringer?

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:14 am

Henry Robinett wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:43 pm
But saying that there's nothing better than the Behringer at any price point is a bit much . Hence my post.
You asked about foot controllers. I'm no Behringer fan, but it's the best thing they make IMO, Rig Kontrol had more issues..
You ask for advice, you even mention this:
or anyone want to convince me to just get it because it's by far the best for the money? .
Then proceed to act like I'm some used car salesman.

I'm just someone who responded to your request, period.

And yes, in the category of ten switch two pedal foot controllers that do note, CC and program changes, I don't think you can beat it until you hit about the $400 range.

Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:14 am
Henry Robinett wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:43 pm
But saying that there's nothing better than the Behringer at any price point is a bit much . Hence my post.
You asked about foot controllers. I'm no Behringer fan, but it's the best thing they make IMO, Rig Kontrol had more issues..
You ask for advice, you even mention this:
or anyone want to convince me to just get it because it's by far the best for the money? .
Then proceed to act like I'm some used car salesman.

I'm just someone who responded to your request, period.

And yes, in the category of ten switch two pedal foot controllers that do note, CC and program changes, I don't think you can beat it until you hit about the $400 range.
Wow. I have no idea why you're being so hostile. I'm just talking and telling you what I'm looking for and what I'm not looking for. I said from the start, as a matter of fact it's the subject of this thread, that I'm specifically NOT looking for a Behringer. I appreciate your help. But you had said, I thought, that the Behringer was the best at any price point. I was just responding about my LF+12+, which I think is hard to beat, though a little pricey. S I'm not trying to be hostile. I don't know why you seem to be attacking. me.
All the best,

Henry Robinett
Mac Pro 7,1 16 Core 160GB, MP 5,1/32 GB
Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6) ULN-2
DP 10, Logic, PT,Live 10, Falcon, VEP, Superior Drummer, Kontakt5, UAD-2 Solo&Duo, Millennia HV3D, Lot's 'o mics . . .

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:07 pm

Hey dudes, chill out please.
thx
Ableton Forum Moderator

Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:08 pm

I’ve decided to keep the LF. For now. It comes with an editor. It’s a bit daunting. For now my needs are simple. Years ago I used an old defunct foot controller called The Midigator. It was very easy to program. Built like a tank. All I need, for now is to launch scenes, start at the count and stop. As things progress I trust my ideas will get more complex. Anyone steer me to directions for midi mapping? I see under midi there’s a mapping scheme.
All the best,

Henry Robinett
Mac Pro 7,1 16 Core 160GB, MP 5,1/32 GB
Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6) ULN-2
DP 10, Logic, PT,Live 10, Falcon, VEP, Superior Drummer, Kontakt5, UAD-2 Solo&Duo, Millennia HV3D, Lot's 'o mics . . .

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:00 pm

:idea:
H20nly wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:30 pm
http://logidy.com/?pid=1

there's only 3 buttons, but you can daisy chain multiple units together if you need more.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 pm

I really wish Roland would update the FC-300 with a USB model. It's expensive, but it's built like a brick shithouse and is super easy to remap all of the pedals.
Unsound Designer

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 pm

I will never understand why these things aren't more popular.

https://reverb.com/p/line-6-fbv-shortboard-mkii

Line 6 FBV Shortboard MKII

13 switches + a dual function control pedal. MIDI map all of them to whatever you want in Live.

$90 on Reverb
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:16 pm

^ nice.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

JackTheRipper

Post by JackTheRipper » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:43 pm

I have been using an ActitioN MIDI foot controller for a year or so. There are a few different versions. I have the 4-button USB version and it works well for me and was fairly inexpensive at around $80 IIRC.

https://www.actition.co.uk/

--jack

Mareq

Post by Mareq » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:40 am

Hello.
I created a full and automatic Ableton Live and Nektar Pacer foot controller integration: https://payhip.com/mareq
It configures Pacer automatically, sets the colors according to Live's tracks colors, full LED feedback, record and trigger clips, group tracks support, audio overdubbing, zero need of Pacer configuration, automatic track arming, undo/delete all clips, scene/tracks mode, etc.
Full workflow for efficient live looping and operating Live clips by foots.
You could check it out :)