Ableton not saving recording PROBLEM

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
CookieD

Re: Ableton not saving recording PROBLEM

Post by CookieD » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:05 am

I had this problem yesterday. Added one recording to my set and when I reopened the file Ableton said the sample was offline. I can see it in the browser and in my Finder. I can see the two files: .aif and .aif.asd. Unfortunately the .aif is zero bytes.

I tried both of the recommendations above – clicking the red button and adding a new recording but alas, no success. I'd just love to know if I did something wrong because I'm new to Ableton.

moonpotato

Re: Ableton not saving recording PROBLEM

Post by moonpotato » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Ok, I'm having the same problem.. im a little blown away!
how is this possible in 2021 for ableton to not be able to save it's own recordings!?
I've tried everything, that return to arrangement button isn't red for me- it's grayed out and does nothing.
i've tried rebuilding the project from scratch, starting a new project, saving on a different drive..
so far I've managed to get some of the recordings to save, but there are still occasionally files that just won't save, no
matter how many times i record that clip.
I'm simply trying to bounce a track down to a clip, i make a new audio track, set it's input to be the desired track, hit record,
i can see the waveform appearing, i can save the file, on disc it is zero kb re-open the project and the files are gone-
media offline.

has anyone got any ideas ?
currently I've moved to reaper so I can work, but im really stuck, ableton has essentially become unusable for me..
im on the latest live 11 suite. mac os (catalina) mac mini with UAD apollo twin..

thanks
Mooon