How do I follow to the 2nd scene instead on the beginning?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Henry Robinett

How do I follow to the 2nd scene instead on the beginning?

Post by Henry Robinett » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:17 am

I’m getting closer with my understanding of Live. It comes in waves. Lol. So now I have a more direct and functional question. I’ve set up a count in scene/clip. The whole song is in four sections that repeat. But now the FOLLOW is lost. It used to go to the beginning. But now I put a two measure count in clip so it follows to this new beginning. How do I get it to repeat to the SECOND scene instead of the first? OTHERdoesnt seem to indicate enough instructions. I’m sure it’s there somewhere.
All the best,

Henry Robinett
Mac Pro 7,1 16 Core 160GB, MP 5,1/32 GB
Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6) ULN-2
DP 10, Logic, PT,Live 10, Falcon, VEP, Superior Drummer, Kontakt5, UAD-2 Solo&Duo, Millennia HV3D, Lot's 'o mics . . .

Henry Robinett

Re: How do I follow to the 2nd scene instead on the beginning?

Post by Henry Robinett » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:07 am

No one responds. OK. I'm watching some youtube videos. I don't think there's a way to go to the second to the first clip. So how do folks do the count off thing? If I put a space between the count scene and the start of the song, will the follow NEXT step work? Don't the follow actions only apply to contiguous clips? Or would I have to copy all the clips instead of repeating? You know, I have it so INTRO goes to A section to B, to C the repeats to INTRO, A, B, C, repeat. The problem is I have an audio and two bar count. Ideas, help or suggestions people?
All the best,

Henry Robinett
DP 10, Logic, PT,Live 10, Falcon, VEP, Superior Drummer, Kontakt5, UAD-2 Solo&Duo, Millennia HV3D, Lot's 'o mics . . .

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Yes they only apply to clips within the same block...

Cheers
D

Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:33 pm

No, I got that part. I guess I was hoping for more follow options, like directing the clips to go to a specific clip rather than the next, the previous, the first, the last or random. It’d be cool to say go to the 4th.

And apologies. In the title and body I called scene clip. I know better. I was tired. Since all my clips would jump to the same scene.
All the best,

Henry Robinett

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:50 pm

ClyphX Pro may be what you need.

I've never used this product but there's plenty of info out there, and folks say it's fantastic....
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:50 pm
ClyphX Pro may be what you need.

I've never used this product but there's plenty of info out there, and folks say it's fantastic....
That would be so cool. I’m using a Liquid Foot LF+12+ foot controller. How do I find out if it’ll work? I sent a support query to them. Thanks.
All the best,

Henry Robinett