LaunchControl XL button LED question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Matt_Quinn

LaunchControl XL button LED question

Post by Matt_Quinn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Ran into a odd situation the other night, wondering what is going on.

I have an Arpegiator grouped to an Effect rack (just for ease of use with APC40 macro section). The Arp's hold function is mapped to a macro knob. That knob is then mapped to a LaunchControlXL button. I press the button when I want to toggle hold on/off. It lights up yellow when Hold is on, and is not lit when Hold is off. I was playing the other night & happened to be on the other side of the studio, where I activated that Hold function by turning one one of Push's knobs. The weird part is that the LCXL's LED was...green? I tried turning the macro via the Push knob again, and sure enough, the LCXL's button LED scrolls through all of its possible color options. So somehow, the LCXL is receiving messages from Live that control the LED color. I'd like to leverage this if possible (create different button colors for different devices/device states), but can't quite figure it out. I tried limiting the macro range so that pressing the button leaves the knob at the same value (112) that triggers the green LED when you turn the knob, but that still triggers the yellow LED. Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.