3rd party plug-in side chain coming?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Artcutech

3rd party plug-in side chain coming?

Post by Artcutech » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:16 pm

I heard this is in the works and coming shortly, I would definitely upgrade to 10 if this was in an update, anyone hear about this?

Artcutech

Re: 3rd party plug-in side chain coming?

Post by Artcutech » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Dang so it’s already available in 10! Sweet thanks jester

I’ve been using that method for live 9 and find it annoying but doable and just find myself using Ableton’s compressor most of the time, would love to have the same work flow with pro-c2

Hey jester, you think 10 runs just as smooth as 9 as far as cpu?

I have an 8 core iMac pro with 64gb of ram and when I’m really pushing arrangements cpu meter is at about 80 percent and activity monitor is barely cracking 7 percent, I know Ableton is not suppose to reflect activity monitor, and things are based on single core power or whatnot and an over estimation of what might need to be calculated or something, I just don’t think I’d be willing to compromise anymore cpu for third party side chain feature

I’ll demo it this weekend just wanted to know if you had any opinions with 10 vs 9, there’s a huge thread on this I’ll look into, but felt like asking you here as you’ve always seemed to know what your talking about

Fanu

Post by Fanu » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:27 pm

My video on the topic; did this yesterday. Works smooth.

Ableton Live 10.1: third-party sidechaining
WATCH @ https://youtu.be/C0mVkNQdqkk

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Wait, waaaaaaaaa? Great vid, Fanu - so in your example the sidechain dropdown was something that's going to be live in 10.1?

Sore makes it a lot easier than what currently goes on with external sidechaining!

EDIT: whoops, just read Jester's link. I am legit excited!

Fanu

Post by Fanu » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Shift Gorden wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:51 pm
Wait, waaaaaaaaa? Great vid, Fanu - so in your example the sidechain dropdown was something that's going to be live in 10.1?

Sore makes it a lot easier than what currently goes on with external sidechaining!
Yes – no need for that extra routing track anymore: just select the source from the menu 8)

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:03 pm

Shift Gorden wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:51 pm

EDIT: whoops, just read Jester's link. I am legit excited!
Probably the best 10.1 feature. Saves so much time.