No sound from Speakers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
VanNutz

No sound from Speakers

Post by VanNutz » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:40 pm

Hello all. I just bought a new interface and some new studio monitors and I got really excited to set everything up to put an album together. But when i set everything up and installed the drivers, I opened able and was not getting any sound from my speakers. I would get a signal from my headphones that were plugged into my interface but nothing from my speakers. Please help with any tips. I have been trying to troubleshoot this for a few days now.

My set up is:
KRK rockit 5's (connected with xlr)
Behringer u-phoria umc404

jestermgee

Re: No sound from Speakers

Post by jestermgee » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:14 am

Shouldn't take a few days to troubleshoot something like this.

- If you have audio from teh headphones try unplug them in case having them inserted cuts the mains out.
- If you have something that has RCA inputs (even the monitors), try use the RCA just to test if there is something fishy with the XLR
- Test the monitors with something else such as a phone connected to the input to see you have signal there
- In live make sure if there are multiple outputs you can select from that you have the correct one selected

Mark Williams

Re: No sound from Speakers

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:24 pm

Ensure you have correct input and outputs turned on within Ableton audio preferences.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P