How can i edit anywhere in my track?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ifrgtmynme

How can i edit anywhere in my track?

Post by ifrgtmynme » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:42 am

So obviously I'm a beginner. I've made my first 'song' but I have a very fundamental problem. Take my drum track for example, it's for tacts long and now I want to edit the notes near towards the end of it. But when i double click on the track I have only the first two tacts avaible to edit. I scroll right with my arrow key but I don't get past the line at the edge of the window. It doesn't matter where i click at the track, the first two tacts always open up. So I'm missing something that's probably self explanatory here, but I've tried around for a while now and I just don't manage to edit a certain place in my track.
Thanks for all answers

chrk

Re: How can i edit anywhere in my track?

Post by chrk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:27 pm

I assume you have got a midi clip on a midi track in arrangement view.

How did it get there? By recording or click editing a two bar (="Takte") midi clip in session view then globally recording four bars into into arrangement view?

If so, your four bars on the track are actually two bars in the midi editor (clip view) only looped, and there's no third and fourth bar to edit.

Read 6. Arrangement-Ansicht, 7. Session-Ansicht, and 8. Clip-Ansicht in the manual, those should clear up your confusion.

J.R.

Re: How can i edit anywhere in my track?

Post by J.R. » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Sorry for editing... "can't delete my post"