Midi sound dropping out

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ecorduna

Midi sound dropping out

Post by ecorduna » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:46 am

Hi, I've been using Ableton Live 10 since January and made some songs already. I like everything about Ableton. But just today, I am having issues with midi. I can see that there is a midi signal on the top right corner but there is no sound and no signal on the tracks itself. To check if it is my midi device, I pressed "M" to make my keyboard the midi but no sound as well (Track is armed and whatnot). I unplugged and plugged back in my midi device and it was working for a second but the sound disappears right away. Same thing happens when I turn off and on the midi through the preference option. I used drum rack too to see if it will see the key that I was playing but it didn't show anything. I changed my audio preference too from my interface to computer and vice versa but still the same. I relaunched Ableton multiple times, reset my computer and my interface but the issue is still there. Hope you can help because I was in the middle of a project and this problem started. Thanks!

Fanu

Re: Midi sound dropping out

Post by Fanu » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:19 am

Tried clicking the keys in midi editor / piano roll window?

ecorduna

Re: Midi sound dropping out

Post by ecorduna » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:01 am

I can draw notes on the piano roll window and it generates sounds like it would normally do. Only when I use my midi device or keyboard as midi then it the sound would just drop.