Automating metronome

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FrostyM8

Automating metronome

Post by FrostyM8 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Hey y'all,

I've stumbled across how to automate metronome, meaning, it needs to be automatically disabled within session for few bars only.

I need to do this because by some reason the audio file that's been imported changes the tempo by itself - the song drops to 90BPM but audio file is being automated by metronome and it makes the track to speed up and slow down.

I've realised if the metronome is off, tempo of the audio file doesn't change, I could use a mapping shortcut to assign metronome when it should be on/off but since this project I'm working on is backing track for drums, I'd like to know how to set it up so this could be done automatically.

S4racen

Re: Automating metronome

Post by S4racen » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:59 pm

[METRO] is one of the actions available in ClyphX Pro, it can toggle the Metro on and off and can be triggered from:
  • Clip Name
  • Scene Name
  • Arrangement Locator
  • MIDI Message
  • OSC Message
  • Drum Rack via MaxforLive Device
isotonikstudios.com/product/clyphx-pro

Cheers
D

ps first time I've done bullet points here, bet they don't work! hahahahaha....

FrostyM8

Post by FrostyM8 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:20 pm

There's no built in method within Ableton? The only alternative would be to get a product of some sort that can do it?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:46 pm

If you right click on any parameter in live it will show you if it allows it to be automated, Metronome is not one that allows this...

Cheers
D