MIDI Track Cuts Sound ONLY when I hit record.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
IndigoViking

MIDI Track Cuts Sound ONLY when I hit record.

Post by IndigoViking » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:45 am

I am at a total loss. This issue makes no sense to me.

I am new to Ableton Live, I've spent the last few days working up a track using my Novation Circuit and everything is fine. I have a total of 5 tracks and all but 1 will record? I have my circuit being used as a sequencer, that is playing the sound from the built in instruments in Ableton Live via USB.

I can send the signal to play multiple instruments at the same time and it's awesome, however, one track in particular only plays when I am not recording that track. As SOON as I start recording, the audio cuts out and stops. I can SEE the notes being played still in Ableton, however, no audio.

All the tracks are basically set up the exact same except for I have Channel 1, and Channel 2, and Channel 10. Channel 1 I have some lead synths, Channel 2 are my backing synth sounds, and Channel 10 are the percussion sounds.

I can record all of them at the same time if I wanted to, though Track 4 refuses to play sound if I include it. If I try and record it alone, it doesn't play any sound. If I play notes while I am NOT recording, I can hear the sound obviously since that's how I got the sound I wanted before I wanted to record. It only happens when I record, I don't understand. I can't even play the notes though my MIDI keyboard manually when I record (instead of sequencing them).

I have tried arming the track to record, all the different monitor options, I created an audio track and send the audio to that track, then to the master. Nothing I am doing is enabling this track to be recorded, WITH sound.

What the heck is going on?

EyalOged

Re: MIDI Track Cuts Sound ONLY when I hit record.

Post by EyalOged » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:22 pm

I'm new but I just had this problem

next to record you have 5 logos
The farthest one allows for that
The one before it puts in notes you just finished playing without recording, maybe for if something went right suddenly