Turning off automatic clip view changes?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
clex10

Turning off automatic clip view changes?

Post by clex10 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi everyone.

Ableton newbie here so forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere, but I've scoured the web and manual with no success as of yet..

Basically I have set a bunch of parameters in various tracks of my live set (the master tempo of the set, fine pitch parameter on an instance of corpus on an audio track, and transpose macro on an instance of drum rack) to be controlled by a single nob on my MIDI controller, so I can easily change these parameters in unison and they will sound as though they are linked.

I am now trying to focus my work on a new simpler track in session view and make fine adjustments to it's parameters (which are not linked to my controller) whilst simultaneously changing the tempo and other parameters that i've linked together using my MIDI controller to see how it sounds. However whenever i move the aforementioned nob on my MIDI controller, the clip view jumps to the audio track with corpus on it. I want the clip view to remain locked onto the track that I am working on without automatically jumping to this other track when any MIDI / automation changes are sent from the controller.

Any ideas on how I could do this?

Cheers!

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Turning off automatic clip view changes?

Post by [jur] » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:31 pm

You've probably midi mapped either the Corpus' track header, or Corpus' device title bar itself.
Ableton Forum Moderator

clex10

Re: Turning off automatic clip view changes?

Post by clex10 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:07 pm

Aye it was that.. always something daft tripping you up!

thanks for your help