Midi input and Audio interface not working at the same time

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Manuel_brunet

Midi input and Audio interface not working at the same time

Post by Manuel_brunet » Thu May 02, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi! I'm new with ableton and I'm trying to set up my MIDI (akai apc key25) and my microphone (neewer 800) through a UMC22 audio interface, both connected to my PC (Windows 10) through 2 diferent usb ports.

My problem is that I cannot use the midi and the mic at the same time, only midi signal is registered and produces sound in Ableton live 10. I use the driver ASIO4all but is not letting me register or record my voice in Ableton.

I red other posts regarding similar problems, but all the suggested solutions haven't worked for me.

I will be thankful if someone can give me a hand with this...cheers!

Shift Gorden

Re: Midi input and Audio interface not working at the same time

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu May 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Make sure the mic track is an Audio channel, the input is set to IN and the dropdown below has your mic input channel selected from the UMC22.

That work?

abrahams21

Post by abrahams21 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi im having the same problem. My midi keyboard uses ASIO4all , whilst my audiointerfacec uses umcasio. Therefore I'm not able to record both midi and audio at the same time, How do I solve this please?

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:19 pm

abrahams21 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:09 pm
Hi im having the same problem. My midi keyboard uses ASIO4all , whilst my audiointerfacec uses umcasio. Therefore I'm not able to record both midi and audio at the same time, How do I solve this please?
If your MIDI keyboard uses ASIO4all, then your MIDI keyboard contains an audio interface that is causing conflicts with your other audio interface. Windows does't allow multiple sound cards with ASIO drivers. Try plugging your MIDI keyboard into the MIDI port of your interface (if it has one) so that only one ASIO driver is needed.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute