Komplete Kontrol s88 mk2 cant map hardware buttons / knobs to ableton instruments

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zachjsh

Komplete Kontrol s88 mk2 cant map hardware buttons / knobs to ableton instruments

Post by zachjsh » Thu May 16, 2019 5:36 am

I recently purchased the Komplete Kontrol s88 mk2. I followed the ableton setup instructions for ableton 9, 10, and now I am even trying with live 10 beta version. The device works perfectly fine when using any of the instruments in the native instruments VST, but if I try to use an ableton instrument, for example "Grand Piano.adg", I can get the raw instrument sound playing from the device, but the hardware knobs on the keyboard do not map to the macro control for the ableton instrument ("Bright", "Hardness", "Glue", "Reverb"...). I can put the device in sync mode, and map the knobs that way, but from what I can see it requires me to map the knobs to the macro individually, and some instruments have MANY macros. How do I map the knobs / other buttons on my hardware device properly for ableton instruments / instruments that are not in the Native Instruments VST package when using Ableton with the device? I see that some users have been able to get some of this stuff to work with midi remote scripts (https://github.com/bosgood/ableton_komplete_kontrol_mk1). Are there any scripts that are officially supported / developed by Ableton, or is there any plan to support this natively within Ableton?

zachjsh

Re: Komplete Kontrol s88 mk2 cant map hardware buttons / knobs to ableton instruments

Post by zachjsh » Thu May 16, 2019 5:40 pm

zachjsh wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:36 am
I recently purchased the Komplete Kontrol s88 mk2. I followed the ableton setup instructions for ableton 9, 10, and now I am even trying with live 10 beta version. The device works perfectly fine when using any of the instruments in the native instruments VST, but if I try to use an ableton instrument, for example "Grand Piano.adg", I can get the raw instrument sound playing from the device, but the hardware knobs on the keyboard do not map to the macro control for the ableton instrument ("Bright", "Hardness", "Glue", "Reverb"...). I can put the device in sync mode, and map the knobs that way, but from what I can see it requires me to map the knobs to the macro individually, and some instruments have MANY macros. How do I map the knobs / other buttons on my hardware device properly for ableton instruments / instruments that are not in the Native Instruments VST package when using Ableton with the device? I see that some users have been able to get some of this stuff to work with midi remote scripts (https://github.com/bosgood/ableton_komplete_kontrol_mk1), this is however for the mk1, not mk2. Are there any scripts that are officially supported / developed by Ableton, or is there any plan to support this natively within Ableton?

doghouse

Re: Komplete Kontrol s88 mk2 cant map hardware buttons / knobs to ableton instruments

Post by doghouse » Thu May 16, 2019 7:28 pm

It's in NI's court as far as support, not Ableton.

There is a script here at KVR that claims to be able to control Live's native devices.

wearemindflux

Post by wearemindflux » Fri May 17, 2019 7:55 am

Have you installed KK correctly as a control surface?
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so