Preferences window won't open correctly

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TechQ

Preferences window won't open correctly

Post by TechQ » Fri May 17, 2019 11:03 am

Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time setting up Ableton on my Windows 10 64-Bit Laptop. After installing and opening Ableton (tried various versions) I wanted to open up preferences, but only a white window poped up. I thougt it may take a while, but nothing is happening and it stays white. I even formatted my laptop and tried again, but its alway just this white window thats poping up.
I had Ableton running on this Laptop a few months before and everything worked just fine. What am I making wrong? I cant use Ableton without ever getting into preferences and not beeing able to choose the audio driver or set up MIDI e.g.
Any ideas?

thanks
TechQ

Abdul Bahi

Re: Preferences window won't open correctly

Post by Abdul Bahi » Tue May 21, 2019 7:46 am

1:
Make sure Windows and Ableton are both updated to the lastest version and you are not using a beta version of Ableton live.

2:
Troubleshooting Windows

3:
Use a legal Copy of Ableton Live and Not a crack version.

4:
Update grapchis card. (Maybe Upgrade?)

5:
Contact Ableton Support.

TechQ

Re: Preferences window won't open correctly

Post by TechQ » Wed May 22, 2019 8:45 am

Thank you for your answer!

I tried switching the graphic card driver (GTX 1060 TI) from gaming driver to creator driver, installed Ableton again and it seemed to be working as I was able to get into the preferences when I opened Ableton for the first time. After closing Ableton an opening it again the same Thing happened as before and the preferences window kept staying White again.

Ableton and Windows are both updated to the latest Version, I'm using a legal copy of Ableton Live 10 Lite and my graphics Card should really be able to handle ableton.

I cant explain why this keeps Happening....