Difference between Live Intro and Live Lite?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Envergure

Difference between Live Intro and Live Lite?

Post by Envergure » Sun May 19, 2019 8:11 pm

Hello,

I bought Live 10 Intro a few weeks ago and I like it a lot. Shortly after that I started shopping for a new MIDI controller (my ten-year-old one being very worn out) and was annoyed to discover that many of them come with a free Live Lite license. Now I feel like I wasted my money.

Is there any difference between Intro and Lite? I can't find any info about Lite (it is not included in the "compare editions" page).

Thanks

ecuk

Re: Difference between Live Intro and Live Lite?

Post by ecuk » Sun May 19, 2019 9:35 pm

A list of the features in Lite is available at https://www.ableton.com/en/products/live-lite/. (See the ‘Features included’ link near the top of the page.) Comparing this list to the feature comparison list for Intro definitely suggests that Intro includes more than Lite. Of course, whether or not you feel that these additional features constitute good value for money is entirely up to you and your particular wants and needs.

Hope that helps. And for what it’s worth, I for one do not believe that you wasted your money.
MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, 2.7GHz i7, 16GB – Live Suite 10.1, Max 8.0.8, Push 2, ATH-M50x