mapping a boss GT-10 to Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kebabman

mapping a boss GT-10 to Live

Post by kebabman » Tue May 28, 2019 7:15 am

Hi there

I bought a second hand Boss GT-10 pedal board for use in my band. When I realised it had midi in and out on the back and usb I decided to connect it to Live 9.

I have the right drivers on my mac and when I press buttons and the expression pedal I can see the midi light at the top of Live blinking. This is all good so far.

In Live's midi tab the boss doesn't appear in the control surface drop down list of manufacturers. Do I choose the top "none" option? It does however appear in the bottom half of this screen in the midi ports section and I have turned all these buttons to on.

All I want to do really is be able to trigger scenes or samples from scene view in Live. The boss has 8 foot switches and it would be great to assign these to scenes or samples in Live.

After clicking on midi map in Live, I can press a button on the unit and it changes mapping in Live. This info also appears in the mapping list in the left hand window in Live. When exiting mapping mode, pressing the button on the boss doesn't work on all maps in Live. The expression pedal does work fine though and I have successfully mapped it to the master volume in Live.

Basically, it's all a bit random which buttons do work etc. I'm guessing it's something to do with selecting midi channels and cc data within the unit/Live.

Please does anyone have any advice on this?

The fact that I can press things and midi data is transmitting to Live is encouraging but I don't know what to do next!

Many thanks in advance.

Steve
If I'm not there I'll cut my hair...

jazzcatmp

Re: mapping a boss GT-10 to Live

Post by jazzcatmp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:50 am

Did anything come of this? I also have a Boss GT 10 and would love to be able to map these 8 switches.

yur2die4

Re: mapping a boss GT-10 to Live

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:57 pm

My guess is that it is sending program change data on the pedals. That doesn’t really map to functions in Live.