Live 10.1 crashes every time when trying to load a song

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Angstrom

Re: Live 10.1 crashes every time when trying to load a song

Post by Angstrom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:45 pm

[jur] wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:35 pm
Any answer from the support since then?
for my own Ableton support request we went back and forth and the problem slowly resolved itself after a few things
A complete fresh install didn't work, but using the newest version of Max 8 and then telling Live to use that version ... that eventually seemed to work. It was unusual though, as the crashes slowly abated. As if there was corruption in the database, or paths, which were slowly getting updated.
I have a couple of sets which still can tend to crash on loading them, perhaps 1 in 5 times. But I've spent so long chasing bugs I had to abandon bug hunting at that point and dedicate some time to other things.
Regarding the BCRXL script I've yet to follow up on that and I think it's a separate issue.

joe90

Post by joe90 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:16 pm

cotdagoo wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:17 pm
The only time I've had this happen (and not on EVERY song, but some) is when I've been using M4L devices (primarily Envelope Follower device) in my projects.
i could kiss you.. added the follower to a project last night, and have spent the day troubleshooting why it would not open today.. damn envelope follower.

djorno

Post by djorno » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:50 pm

Are there any updates on this front? Is it just buggy M4L devices which people are finding the primary cause of startup / device load crashes? In my own case I was able to work in the set and create devices which, although often time consuming much CPU, still functioned properly. It's only been since after I exited Live and then later started up a new instance that I'm no longer able to open sets or devices. Is it just from trying to load too much all at once?

I don't want my several hours of work to have all been in vain, and I'm not a happy camper right now.