no sound pls help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
GRFK

no sound pls help

Post by GRFK » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:40 am

Hello, everyone.

I apologize if there may already be a solution addressing the technical issues I am currently being challenged with, but I've been searching for two hours and haven't found a single resolution.

I am brand new to Ableton Live. I just bought Live 10 Intro a few hours ago and since it's installation I have been unable to hear any playback whatsoever, whether it is the metronome or any default sound that comes with the program. I don't even think I'm getting readings that indicate when I click on a sound in the library, that it's scanning and playing the audio back, other than a laggy response... "Buffering samples... 0%".

I am also experiencing really severe lag when I startup the program, even if I have no other processes running in the background on my PC. It takes roughly 2 or more minutes to load up the software. When the software is finally opened and running I also experience lag when going to click on virtually anything. The program will freeze for a moment and then shortly after, resolve whatever action was made.

I am beginning to feel really disappointed and hopeless at this point. I only have three options for audio driver outputs and those are: "No Audio", "MME/DirectX" & "ASIO". None of these options are producing sound from my PC. I am not connected to an audio interface. I am just trying to experience the software strictly from my laptop to play around with it. I have an audio interface and monitors, but I'm in no rush to use them while I am just trying to figure out how to navigate through the DAW.

Concerning both the audio playback and lag issues I am experiencing, I am very upset I was in such a rush of excitement to purchase, download, and try out this software I've heard many great things about. I've spent a better portion of my day staring at helpless forums and load screens, when I could have just been making more music on FL Studio.

I apologize for making this so long and seemingly like a rant, but I am desperate to get these problems solved so I can begin my journey working with Ableton Live.

Feedback is appreciated, Thank You.

GRFK

Re: NO SOUND PLS HELP

Post by GRFK » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:34 am

Okay. I just realized that now all sound on my PC is messed up. I am not getting sound from anything after I installed Ableton.

GRFK

Post by GRFK » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:47 am

Okay, I fixed my sound problems and audio is running smoothly through ASIO.

GRFK

Post by GRFK » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:48 am

Ableton Live 10.3 I believe is what I have seems to be having serious lagging issues, so I'm thinking I'll reach out to tech support for a possible older version.

Any feedback or tips are still greatly appreciated.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:26 am

There's a tutorial built into Live on setting up your audio...have you gone through it? Most problems with high latencies are from user error.