Help recording MIDI with AD2 and Nitro Mesh

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
flameofudun

Help recording MIDI with AD2 and Nitro Mesh

Post by flameofudun » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:55 pm

Hello!

So I cant seem to get Ableton to record the MIDI coming from Addictive Drums 2. Im using an Alesis Nitro Mesh to trigger AD2. I can play my electric kit and hear AD2. I can play along to the song im working on and i can even see the volume and midi coming through Ableton (dots and input volume). But, when I go to record, only a blank midi bar shows up. No notes are written.

I can program the midi by hand in Ableton but i cant seem to record using my kit. I also have Kontakt and the same thing happens. It just wont record the midi notes. For example, when I play along to the track, all is fine. I get it to a point I wanna lay down the drums. Hit record. Play along but it only creates a blank midi bar with no notes. Whats weird is that every now and then, it with have like one note show up.

I loaded the same thing in Reaper and was able to record midi just fine using my kit and Kontakt.

So I dont really know whats going on. Ive tried different USB cables and such but to no avail.

As a side note, I have an Oxygen61 and if I use that to trigger AD2, it records the midi notes...

Any help would be appreciated!

pottering

Re: Help recording MIDI with AD2 and Nitro Mesh

Post by pottering » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:23 am

In Live's signal flow the Clips are located before the instruments and FX, so recording post-FX or post-instrument requires another track.

To record the MIDI output of a VST:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ST-plug-in

If it was actually the audio you wanted to record:

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/routi ... al-routing
♥♥♥

flameofudun

Post by flameofudun » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Ok interesting. thanks for the reply!

I was still not able to get the midi notes to be written with that first method but, I was able to use the second method to record the audio from AD2.

I would like to be able to have access to the midi though, but for some reason its still not writing the notes.

Could it be a problem with my Ableton?

deojorge

Post by deojorge » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Same problem. Did you fixed?