Syncing Video File With Audio Recorded In Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DTMusic

Syncing Video File With Audio Recorded In Ableton

Post by DTMusic » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to sync a 60min 30fs video to 60mix audio that was recorded in Ableton Live. I'm new to this process and have been searching around to find answers - Should I be able to do it all in live, do i need other software to handle this, etc?

I recorded a live performance set via, Cinemaker video software, but some of the audio of the video dropped out in the beginning and end of the video. I fortunately recorded my set in Ableton. So I have the full audio portion of it in Ableton.

What I was hoping to do is use the audio portion from live and sync it up to the video but of course the timing doesn't match. So this is where I am now - trying to find a way to sync it.

Thanks.

chris vine

Re: Syncing Video File With Audio Recorded In Ableton

Post by chris vine » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:29 am

If you want to sync inside Ableton, you'll have to do it manually.
I do it this way, others might have a different or better way of doing it:

Look for significant waveform events in both audio files.
Line them up roughly.
Zoom right in.
Create a locator point to have a vertical line and move that line to the waveform event of your choice on the audio waveform of the video track.
Then, (with snap to grid disabled), slide the audio waveform of your second track to align the same event on both tracks, using the vertical cursor of the locator as your visual guide.

Hope that helps

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:41 am

Would be much easier to export the Ableton audio and use a proper video editor to sync the audio and video.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:53 pm

I use the free version of Blackmagic Design Da Vinci Resolve for video editing, and it works like a charm......... You can have it for free, and can be found here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/nl/pro ... ciresolve/

Good luck! :mrgreen:
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:02 pm

That is resolve 15 is free as well as the 16 beta........
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen: