EQ plugin for DJING

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dusty4444

EQ plugin for DJING

Post by dusty4444 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi

Im sure this has been asked a thousand times but what is a good alternative to EQ3 for DJing in ableton ? I know you cans somehow set EQ8 to DJ with it as well .Any help appreciated , Im willing to use plugins as well .

Tarekith

Re: EQ plugin for DJING

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:13 pm

In the Audio Effect Rack -> Performance & DJ category of the stock Live library there are a bunch of racks for this. The Zone 62 DJ EQ is one of the ones I created for Ableton, that's typically what I use since I prefer 4-band EQs when DJing.

dusty4444

Post by dusty4444 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:13 pm
In the Audio Effect Rack -> Performance & DJ category of the stock Live library there are a bunch of racks for this. The Zone 62 DJ EQ is one of the ones I created for Ableton, that's typically what I use since I prefer 4-band EQs when DJing.
I tried it out and why does it feel like every knob is a filter? Is it a different style like Parametric EQ or something? It seems like I cant mix with it. every time I turn a knob its either really high pass filter or or low. Can we make it so its performs just like a regular EQ?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Nope, I modeled it directly on my Xone62 mixer so it’s the same as that was. You’re free to open the rack up and modify any way you want to though, that’s one of the great things about Live Racks.

Grandmasterbird

Post by Grandmasterbird » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:48 pm

I would 100% use that zone62 EQ but my Launchcontrol XL only has 3 knobs per fader channel! I guess I could assign 2 rows per channel......

On the bottom row of that rack- where you can adjust the frequency bands- where they are set as default is that exactly how the zone62 is set up with relation to the frequencies?

There used to be a really handy EQ called the Green Eq and I used to have it before replacing my hard drive, didnt back it up unfortunately.

The site to that EQ is down so it doesnt seem to be available any more.

If anyone has it and would be willing to upload I'd be eternally grateful. It was a really useful EQ for DJ'ing.