What happened to ext sync and start/stop?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
adhmzaiusz

What happened to ext sync and start/stop?

Post by adhmzaiusz » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:39 am

Don't know what I'm missing, but I remember previously(older versions of live) being able to sync external synth's arpeggiators that were playing a latched pattern I made, hit stop, while everything stops I could then hit play again and the arpeggiator would resume playing along with Live's clock/transport. I used to do this to reset patterns in time if they were a little off, but now when I have a latched arpeggio going and hit stop everything stops and it forgets all the notes that were latched. On every synth too. I looked around in the settings and preferences and don't see anything that would affect this... any ideas??

adhmzaiusz

Re: What happened to ext sync and start/stop?

Post by adhmzaiusz » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:59 am

I think it has something to do with Ableton sending 2 'note off' messages on stop? Was it always like this? Any way to tell live to not send those CCs other than using a midi filter? Would be great if it just sent clock start/pause/continue messages, and not make me manually start every latch on external gear every time by forcing a midi panic every time the stop button is hit.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Can you check how it behaves with the new midi chase option switched on/off?
Ableton Forum Moderator

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Well, apparently Live just needed to be reset since now it seems to behave like it used to... trashed preferences and deleted the undo folder and template.