Problem with MIDI input channels

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kyooks

Problem with MIDI input channels

Post by Kyooks » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:56 pm

I am trying to map my MF Twister to synth parameters in u-He Hive. The default mode of an encoder transmits CC messages on channel 1, while a secondary shift mode transmits on channel 5. This means you can control two different parameters from a single encoder and have each of the current parameter values displayed on the encoder LEDs when you switch between modes with a press or hold of the encoder.

The secondary shift mode is working as intended according to the input channel monitor, since it registers the message on channel 5, but according to an M4L MIDI Monitor device it is transmitting on channel 1. Mapping parameters to CC messages on channel 5 has no effect.

I've tried troubleshooting methods for the MF Twister involving firmware updates and factory resets, but as far as I can see from the input channel monitor in Live, it seems to be working as intended, but what the track actually receives at the point of the devices is always channel 1.

I've also tried selecting the MF Twister and channel 5 directly under the input type and channel, but that didn't fix the issue. I'm waiting for support from DJ Tech Tools, but it may be an issue with Ableton Live, so I'm expanding my investigation.

Here's a screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/ivNNeYw

Thanks.